Sunday, September 9, 2012

Write a Short Thank You to God for 80 days


 Hi Titus2sdays friends!

The past two months have been extremely difficult for our family. Dealing with my husband's mental struggles, the loss of income and sick parents has made it challenging to focus on the good. I went from being a person who things positively to having negative and anxious thoughts on a daily basis. God's word said to, "Trust in him with all of our hearts," (Prov. 3:5). The Bible also goes on to say that we should be anxious for nothing (Phillipians 4:6). I can quote all of these scriptures but I need evidence and this is where the "Thank you" notebook comes in handy.

(Actual picture from my "thank you" notebook)
Just before I sat down to write this blog, I came across my old thank you notebook . I have had this note book for over 6 years and every night I wrote one sentence thanking God for something he did for me that day. I have not written a "thank you" note to God in almost a year but I am ready to start writing a thank you note again leading up to Thanksgiving which is about 80 days from now. 

Will you join me and commit to writing a "thank you note" every day leading up to Thanksgiving?

Please leave a comment or even better tell us what you are thankful for today.

2 comments:

  1. I have dealt with anxiety all my life but only recently found out when my #5 baby was born. It turned into post partum depression and that's when it all fell into place and made sense. My anxiety isn't the worrying, it's the physical things that happen to me when I anticipate what's going to happen. It's like the wind gets knocked out of me and through butterflies I need to deep breathe. I hate it. Knowing God has already gone ahead before me to prepare my path and reminding myself helps but still takes my breath. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart. I look forward to staying connected and congrats on baby #5

    ReplyDelete