Monday, April 1, 2013

2 Signs We Are Failing As Leaders In Our Homes





Hi Linkup friends! Thanks so much for stopping by.

I was reading a great article in a business magazine (Inc.) by Les McKeown  and it led me to ask myself ……

Am I doing a good job as the leader in the home (doing what God has called me to do as a wife and mom?)  

Read the information below and then ask yourself the same questions.

http://www.inc.com/images/spacer.gif
1. You know everything…. I've noticed an interesting pattern: The weaker the leader, the more they know (Les McKeown)

 Talking Point for Mothers:
 
I don’t know about you, but I like pretending to know everything. Additionally, I like being perceived as always being 2 steps ahead of my husband (which is sometimes the case) but God reminds me daily that my husband’s ideas are just as good if not better than my own. For example: I use to play with my toddler a particular way, which left me exhausted after 30 minutes of running around. Instead of running around with my toddler for 30 minutes, my husband would only run around for 15 minutes and then sit down and allow my toddler to use his belly as an imaginary road for his trucks and tractors. My husband said, “he just wants us there, it does not matter how we do things when we are having fun.” What a lesson learned for me.
Every great leader acknowledges the ideas of others! Are you acknowledging or ignoring the ideas of your husband and children?

2. You're always busy. No, it's not a sign of leadership strength to be permanently over-scheduled and over-worked. (Les McKeown). 

Talking Point for Mothers:

I think most moms are overworked but if we are always tired, or focused on something else we miss what God is doing at that moment in our lives. What does this have to do with being a leader in the home? Everything!!! To be a great leader, we must take time to relax, think and reflect on what things we can do differently. If there is no time for reflection, then we will always do things the same way and get no results.
To reflect I usually spend an extra 20-30 minutes one night a week and think about the day, asking God what to do differently.

Matthew 11:28-30

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” 

To read the full article feel free to visit this link

No comments:

Post a Comment