Monday, May 13, 2013

Two Scriptures That Help my Marriage




As my husband and I prepare to celebrate our 6th year of marriage, I felt the need to reflect and change some things in our marriage.  I can remember my childhood preacher saying, “If you like what you have keep doing what you are doing, if you don’t like what you have it is time to do something different.”




I love my husband and the life we are building together, but I also know that there is always room for improvement. This week, instead of complaining about what he does or does not do, I will quote the 2 scriptures below.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
 
An honest answer is like a kiss on the lips.

What are some of your favorite scriptures for your marriage? 









 

3 comments:

  1. Great passages! One of mine is this:

    Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others. Phil 2:3-4.

    Coming over from Jolene's link-up today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great scripture, thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The I Cor. 13 one is convicting anyway, but especially when we put our OWN names in place of the word "love." I.E. "Nan is not easily angered, Nan keeps no record of wrongs." Yikes!

    I don't really have a favorite verse marriage verse. But I've always liked this one:

    I Peter 3:3-5 "Wives, in the same way submit yourselves to your own husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, 2 when they see the purity and reverence of your lives.

    3 Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. 4 Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight."

    I'm glad to know that you can still have a meek and gentle spirit even when you have an outgoing personality! Sometimes people seem to act like it's only for shy, quiet people, lol!

    Thanks for linking up to the "Making Your Home Sing Monday" linky party today! :)

    ReplyDelete