Thursday, July 4, 2013

Secret Lives of Women: 3 Easy Ways to Become a Better Wife and Mother

Over the years, I have looked around and saw moms and dads working more, eating together less and focusing more on their own endeavors. As Christians the bible states in Titus 2:4 " train the young women to love their husbands and wives." Love doesn't only mean the 3 C's (cooking, cleaning and caring) it means taking care of our emotional selves so that we can offer more to our families.

Are You Emotionally Imbalance? 
1. Irritability
2. Tiredness
3. Mood Swings
4. Depression
5. Increase/decrease in appetite

3 Easy Solutions to Regain Emotional Balance:

 1. Take time for yourself: Get a massage, read a book,  or buy yourself a new outfit.

 2. Build lasting friendships: We are so busy that spending time with others can sometimes be placed on the back burner. Once a month or week, try to spend time with a close friend.

3. Turn off social Media: I don't know about you but sometimes being inundated with e-mails, facebook and twitter posts can be overwhelming. Instead of relaxing, I find myself being preoccupied with replying and liking posts. My new rule is to avoid social media after 7 p.m. This allows me to focus fully on my family.

I hope that these 3 steps will help you refocus and remember your purpose as a wife and mother. Please feel free to share your other ideas with us about being emotionally balanced. 



4 comments:

  1. These are great! I also find that eating is helpful. When I forget to eat, and believe me, sometimes I get so busy I DO forget.....anyway, when I forget my blood sugar drops and I get shaky and tired and my mood can reflect that too, lol!

    Thanks for linking up to the "Making Your Home Sing Monday" linky party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by. I look forward to linking up tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with #1. A lot of the time when I would get angry it'd be because I was tired, hungry, thirsty, or overwhelmed. It's hard to take care of others cheerfully when you're not taking care of yourself.

    Check out my blog at:
    dreamingofperfect.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for stopping by I checked out your blog and loved what you discussed "Propaganda in music."

    Great post! Look forward to staying connected

    ReplyDelete